Full Project (PDF):
- Better use of renewable energy.
- Additional sources of power
- Smaller form factor wind turbine technology
To develop a wind energy harnessing device that performs well in urban environments by minimizing upfront costs and limiting space consumption, noise pollution and rooftop stresses.
This semester's team had the following objectives:
- Increase system efficiency
- Improve inlet geometry to increase airflow to impeller fins
- Design and implement guide vane to control angle of attack
- Improve diffuser design to decrease air separation and improve pressure recovery
- Improve measurement accuracy
- Finish and test pressure sensor telemetry system to capture data at test location
- Make improvements to current dynamometer system to decrease measurement error
Energy and the Environment