Students can tackle a variety of problems — from R&D to sales and distribution. Some past projects include:
- Development of full supply chain cost model to evaluate next generation technology need in wind tubines: manufacturing to installation.
- Design and prototype of thin-film sensors for corrosion prediction.
- Build a scale working model of a novel, low magnetic noise, electric motor.
- Development of custom assistive devices with voice recognition, embedded controls and advanced manufacturing techniques for disabled individuals.
- Prototype development of a smart adaptive-control system for factory automation.
- Exploration of information technologies and the system layout for a new investment trading facility.
- Market evaluation of new product applications for a powerful new semiconductor chip.
- Design of an asset management system for tracking product consumption by sponsor’s customers.
Ready to Move Forward?
Do you have a great project idea but no way to move forward? Consider engaging a multidisciplinary Capstone student design team to assist. Please visit Submitting Project Proposals for more information and to submit your ideas.